The Happy Herbivore – Abroad
A Travelogue & Over 135 Fat-Free & Low-Fat Vegan Recipes From Around the World
There are so many things I love about this cookbook! Here are the highlights!
- Oil-Free (except very few)
- Budget Friendly
- Easy! Easy! Easy!
- Excellent sense of the spices from all over the world so you really feel you are traveling!
- Full-color photos of nearly all of the recipes
- ingredients are easy for me to find (and I’m not in a metro area)
- A personal paragraph before each recipe with her personal notes and tips
- Additional “Chef’s Note” for cooking and variations on most pages
- Stories and photos throughout about how she traveled abroad and did it eating healthy!
We have cooked and loved the Mediterranean Chard, Lemony Kale, Quinoa Tabbouleh, and Caroline Casserole. They are so easy and full of nutrition and flavor. I repeat – full of flavor! I have enjoyed leaving the book on our kitchen table and browsing to choose my next meals while reading about her adventures. This book really is an all-around experience! I plan on buying more from her series. I love her voice in the book. It is very friendly, informal, and I get not “chefy,” if you will.
When I first began eating plant-based I did not understand the importance of watching my oil and fat intake. Let’s just say I learned the hard way. I wish I’d had this book from the get go! I would have spent far less time cooking while getting more nutrition!
Thank you Bella Books for sending this book for my honest review.